This contract is between a landlord and tenant regarding the maintenance of the house that has been rented out to tenant by the landlord.
This property maintenance agreement is made effective as of _____________ [insert month/day/year], by and between __________________________ (Name of the Owner), and _____________ (Name of the Tenant).
This agreement pertains to certain real property located in ___________________[insert city & state].
In consideration of the covenants and agreements below, the parties agree as follows:
The term of this agreement shall be the same as under the Residential Lease-Rental Agreement and shall start on………., and end on ………. as the lease ends. The term of this Agreement shall be extended if the agreement is extended and shall terminate upon the termination of the Residential Lease-Rental Agreement.
The conditions for maintenance of the house are as follows:
- Tenant will, at Tenant’s sole expense, keep and maintain the House and appurtenances in good and sanitary condition and repair during the term of this Lease. In particular, Tenant shall keep the fixtures in the House in good order and repair; keep the furnace clean; and keep the walks free from dirt and debris. Tenant shall, at Tenant’s sole expense, make all required repairs to the plumbing, range, oven heating apparatus, electric and gas fixtures, other mechanical devices and systems, floors, ceilings and walls whenever damage to such items shall have resulted from Tenant’s misuse, waste, or neglect, or that of the Tenant’s family, agent, or visitor.
- Tenant agrees that no signs shall be placed or painting done on or about the House by Tenant without the prior written consent of Landlord.
- Tenant agrees to promptly notify Landlord in the event of any damage, defect or destruction of the House, or the failure of any of Landlord’s appliances or mechanical systems, and except for repairs or replacements that are the obligation of Tenant pursuant to Subsection A above, Landlord shall use its best efforts to repair or replace such damaged or defective area, appliance or mechanical system.
- Tenant shall keep no domestic or other animals in or about the House without the prior written consent of Landlord.
- Landlord accepts responsibility and will pay for all major repairs to the building and its surrounding areas including structural and major outside repairs.
The Landlord and the Tenant agree to the terms and conditions of this contract.
Signature of the Landlord and date:………….
Signature of the Tenant and date:………….